Easily whizzed-my easy sauces, dressings, spices, rubs and pastes
These days I see my stick blender as part of my braai utensils. Whizzing up an easy dip, marinade, or dressing while braaiing has become my newest party trick. Now you can also give it a go by trying this easy recipe with your next braai!
Easy or Difficult: Easy
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
4 Medium Aubergines washed and kept whole
1 cup Plain Double Thick Greek Yoghurt
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 Lemon, Zested, and Juiced
1 Garlic, peeled and kept whole Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Use the bowl attachment of the stick blender (a normal stick blender and bowl can be used). 2. Take out some coals from your fire and put them separately in your braai. Use a bbq tong and place directly on the coals. Cook the aubergine by turning them regularly on all sides until they are soft (time will vary depending on aubergine size and the temperature of fire).
3. While the aubergine cooks, combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic together and whizz until fine and well blended.
4. Chop your cooked aubergine and add to the olive oil mixture. Remember to remove the tailpiece of the aubergine before blending. Whizz until smooth and well combined.
5. Add the yoghurt, salt and pepper to the aubergine dip and blend well
6. Serve in a bowl with a generous splash of olive oil, some fresh lemon zest on top, and enjoy with your favourite chips or vegetables!